Plas Gwyn Guest House - Beddgelert, Snowdonia.

History of Plas Gwyn

Plas Gwyn was built in about the year 1810 as part of the Perthi estate and could well have been built originally as a merchants house. However, with the advent of tourism, it became linked to providing accommodation for the visitors to Snowdonia - a purpose for which it has been used ever since. The house is built of huge blocks of red granite - typical of the village - and has the airy, high ceilinged and very gracious rooms of that period. Original sash windows and Tyrolean style barge boards give the house it's character.

Beddgelert is a conservation village within the Snowdonia National Park and it has one of the largest number of Grade II listed buildings in the country, Plas Gwyn being one of them.